[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Cheshire Cat Computing • View topic - Problems with Summary Display

Cheshire Cat Computing

Software support and information
It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:31 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:56 am 
User

I'm having a problem with 2.17 beta 4.
When drilling into a device, and pulling up a graph of say a serial port, If I then choose another device from a left frame icon , rather than showing all of the target graphs for the device, it shows only one graph as if it's remembering that I was displaying one graph from the previous device.
Do I have something set wrong in the routers2.conf file?

Thanks,
Dan

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

When you click on the new device, the displayed target will depend on the defaults set inthe routers2.conf and any personal defaults. So, you may have the default of 'first interface' rather than 'summary' so it will show the first interface target.
You can set a preference of 'summary' in either the routers2.conf (for everyone) or in your personal preferences.

Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning... -- Isaiah 5:11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:31 am 
User

I have defautlttarget = summary in the routers2.conf file.
When I initially choose a device from the left frame, all of the targets
are displayed. If I then drill into an individual graph for that device, and
after displaying the graph then choose another device from the left frame for display, only one graph will display on the new device, instead of the 3
targets that I have associated with the device. Not sure what I might have
misconfigured at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

It may be trying to be clever. If the new device has a target with the same name as the target you are currently viewing, I think it tries to show that by default. Though it shouldn't really. I'll see if I can duplicate this behaviour here.

Post subject: Additional Info
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:50 am 
User

Thanks.
FYI, I'm using Activestate Perl 5.8.8.817.

I noticed that when I have selected a device target, and have the individual graph displayed, and then I move the mouse to one of the other devices icons in the left hand frame, (without selecting, just hovering), the URL that is displayed on the bottom of the IE page is incorretly appending information regarding the target that I currently have displayed on the graph.
Could this be a problem with Activestate 5.8.8.817?
I didn't previously see this problem with earlier versions of activestate.
Unfortunately, I can't downgrade, since they only have the most recent version posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

This is not a problem with activeperl.

routers2 is trying to preserve current settings (eg, graph size, time frame, etc) when you switch to a different device. That is why the extra info is appended. Waht should not be added is the rtr= parameter and a second if= parameter, although one may be appended in order to try and keep looking at the same thing but on a different device.

If the new device does not have a target with the same name as the previous target, then it should fail back to using whatever your defined default is.

(checks code)
What seems to be happening is that the system is not correctly picking your defined default when the passed if= parameter is shown to be incorrect. To fix this, I can change the program so that no if= parameter is passed, although this then stops people browsing from device to device following same named targets (we cant do this here, and it doesnt work with cfgmaker-created cfg files anyway). I might do this in 2.17.

Actually, the code already has a comment in the required place to disable this behaviour as I'd considered it long ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:03 am 
User

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:23 am 
User

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

You must have either pasted it into the wrong place, or else removed too much when you pasted it in.