This is a seletion of other small scripts or useful applets. All of these are too
small to get their own page and are placed here as-is for your interest. Consider them
all to be public domain unless listed otherwise in the comments.
Of course now many good packages exist to perform these tasks, but at the time they were written the other options were not available. There are here as coding examples.
- httpd.c: A ultra-small simple mini web server. Use apache now.
- ibsproxy.c: A simple generic TCP/IP proxy server for any simple service (not FTP though). Use xinetd now.
- querystring.c: A utility to expand the CGI QUERY_STRING variable in a shell script. Use Perl now.
- wrapper.c: A TCP wrapper, to add security to inetd services (like TCP Wrappers). Use TCPWrappers now.
- www-proxy.c: A basic web proxy. Use squid now.
- mrtg-pnsclient: A small utility to allow MRTG to collect stats from the pNSClient NetSaint client running under windows. Released under GNU GPL.
Please say thankyou to me on my Amazon Wishlist!