This is not really finished, but will do as a first draft. CV to be added
1. Basic Stuff
- Age: 34 (born 21st August 1969, if you want to send a card)
- Height: a smidgen under 6' (181cm)
- Dark hair, brown eyes - see photo.
- British ex-pat in New Zealand
- Very happily married to Meiling
- Email s.shipway(at)auckland.ac.nz (work) or
steve(at)cheshire.demon.co.uk for home. (I had to write it like that to
avoid the webcrawler that collect addresses for spam lists).
- Travel - there are so many places in the world to see. I'm still
working on getting a trip to Russia...
- Dancing (I have taught classed in Rock'n'Roll dance). I dance French
Jive (Leroc), Latin Jive (Merengue, Salsa) and can even do ballroom, Cajun,
and (when no-one I know is watching) line dancing. I am hoping to obtain
a teacher's Certificate from the UK Leroc Society this year.
- I play the acoustic guitar - not too badly, although not well enough to
get paid for it. Im a bit rusty at the moment, though.
- Riding motorcycles. Although I only own one of these, and I still need
to know more about how to properly maintain it without causing serious
damage. Looking forward to the day when I will be able to afford a reall
decent bike, probably classical style. Or, failing that, maybe hire
a H-D for a weekend, or something.
- Computing - although since I have worked in this, my interest has
lessened considerably. Takes all the fun out of it if you do it all day.
- Puzzles - not those flat, broken up pictures, but the sort of puzzles
where you have to work out how to open the box, or how to put the blocks
together to make a cube. I have a large collection of different puzzles,
although nothing to compare with that of James Dalgety.
3. Likes and Dislikes
- Travelling around and seeing new cultures and viewpoints.
Intricate machinery (when it works). Riding a motorcycle down
deserted country lanes on a clear day. True friendship.
Dancing (rock and roll and latin). Driving.
Wide, open spaces. The UK (despite everything). Playing guitar. Drawing
(only with pencil). UNIX and C. Science. Anything that makes me laugh.
Cats (unless they are digging in my garden).
- People who are pretentious, or unprepared to consider another viewpoint.
Vegetarian food. Seafood. French customs officials. People who park
illegally and escape getting a ticket. Business suits. Rap music (with a
silent 'c'). Lists of dislikes.
All standard disclaimers apply. None of this was the fault of Auckland University.
Please send all comments to
email@example.com. Put the keyword 'nospam' in the subject line to bypass
the SPAM filter.