Cheshire Cat Computing

Software support and information
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:03 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

This host template attempts to do it all. It should support both Linux and Windows (HR MIB and UCD MIB) as well as Cisco CPU. It also polls the storage MIB to try and add graphs for the various filesystems, although this gets messed up if you subsequently add a USB device as this causes a reenumeration of the devices...

This has been briefly tested under Linux and seems to work. It has not been tested under Windows yet, particularly the code that identifies multi-CPU machines and creates a userdefined summary graph for their CPUs.

Save this as host-generic.htp, and then use the cfgmaker option --host-template=host-generic.htp to include it. You may also wish to use the routers2.tp interface template in conjunction with this.

NOTE: You need to have the cfgmaker from MRTG 2.16 or later in order to use this, as it uses the various snmp functions not made available until then. It also does not fully support the Directory[] option.

Attachments:
File comment: Generic host template (corrected for line wraps)
host-generic.htp [14.05 KiB]
Downloaded 4038 times

Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning... -- Isaiah 5:11
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:34 am 
Silver User

Steve,

In your 'sticky' post, you mentioned not being able to use htp and tp together, but this post suggests using them together...has something changed?

-
Adam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 am 
Site Admin

You can use one host template and one interface template simultaneously.

However, if you want to use more than one host template, or more than one interface template at the same time, then you need to append them to form a single template and this may not always work, depending on how the templates are written.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:06 am 
Gold user

Hello Steve , I acquire host-generic.htp and several lines appear to have been inappropriately wrapped .
What is the 'Preferred' method of acquiring this file , as the wraps may be caused by the method I used ...

wget download/file.php?id=12 -O /home/archive/srcs/routers2-v2-host-generic-template.htp

Tia , JimL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Looks like the file became slightly corrupt somwhere between copying to my windows box and uploading. I suspect notepad 'helpfully' wrapped the lines for me at some point.

I've uploaded a corrected version, lets see if this is better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 am 
User

Hi Steve,

Been trying to use the templates, within this topic, I have a question, where do you put the .tp and .htp files. I can't see anything in the cfgmaker file that tells it where the .htp and .tp file are located or am I missing something....

Cheers

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:02 am 
Site Admin

There's no specific place to put them - either specify the full path name in the command line, or else put them into the current directory.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 am 
User

HI Steve,

OK thanks for the info, I am getting there.

I have manged to get the cfgmaker to look at the .tp and .htp files, but I am getting the below errors, I am using the host-generic.htp file.

ERROR Evaluation of the contents in the file

/mrtg/mrtg/bin/host-generic.htp
gave the error

"Global symbol "$v3opt" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 26, <IF_TEMPLATE> line 339.
Global symbol "$v3opt" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 94, <IF_TEMPLATE> line 339.
Global symbol "$v3opt" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 95, <IF_TEMPLATE> line 339.
Global symbol "$v3opt" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 242, <IF_TEMPLATE> line 339.
Global symbol "$v3opt" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 243, <IF_TEMPLATE> line 339.
Global symbol "$v3opt" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 275, <IF_TEMPLATE> line 339.
Global symbol "$v3opt" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 303, <IF_TEMPLATE> line 339.
"

Not sure ig they may make differance or using the .tp and .htp file wil work, I have installed the bundled MRTG package, currently using 2.20beta4, I am adding the --host-template command into the line in the updateshellscript.sh file that the Update_MyRouter calls when it is run.

Will this work in this way or do I need to run this in a differant way..

Thanks for the help

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:46 am 
Site Admin

I think you need to upgrade your MRTG and get the later version of cfgmaker. Earlier versions did not pass snmpv3 options down to the templates (if you had defined them) and so the symbol was not defined. Make sure you have MRTG 2.16.1 or later.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:39 pm 
User

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info, I was using v2.9.x, it was part of the bundled installer I used. So tried to update it but did not work very well. So I have binned that one and build a new MRTG install followig your book and online resource. All worked out, the host-generic.htp now works OK and I have better understanding of the way MRTG is setup.

Got an issue with one of the templates I have down load for ACE but will post error I am getting in that post.

Thanks

Tim